Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Tech*Ed SA is over – thank you

So, Tech*Ed South Africa is over, and I want to tell thanks to all attendees - presenters and visitors. The event was great as well as the organization.  As usual, my Visual Studio just stopped working between sessions yesterday, so I had to reinstall it during one of sessions to be ready for next one. Also in XNA session XBOX deployment did not worked for some reason and bandwidth was awful, so this fun session was not very effective. However, how it can be interesting without those technical problems?

Visitors, it was very fun to read feedbacks. Here just snack preview of it (not including comments like “Enjoyed”, “Brilliant”, “Nice!”, “Exceptionally good”, etc…:

“Level 300? Should have been marked as a 200?”
”Now this was 300 Advanced level”
”The description said Advanced but if was very very VERY advanced”
”I was definately in the wrong session coz I am only a begginner in Reflection and this was a 300 Advanced session... my bad :-)”
”The speaker was very well prepered, thus did not strukkel to speak. i understand the topic very well, but still enjoyed the talk.”
”sometimes he sounds more like Borat than a knowledgeable speaker. There were a number of sniggers in the audience at his comments, which distracts from the content.“
”Brilliant presenter, speaks fluently and clear, not like all others. Are you from Canada?”
”Excellent, not applicable for business, but bring more of these. MORE.”
”Probly the wrong sesion for me but was interesting”
”Host's setup of machines was troublesome.”
”SA Bandwidth issues reduced the effectiveness of the demo side of things.”

Guys, please let’s set it clear (at least for me):

  • 100 – Go to sales department
  • 200 – Slides with nice pictures – no code
  • 300 – Visual Studio, Code, some slides
  • 400 – All code – almost no theory and slides
  • 500 – Machine code
  • 600 – Come offline it will take time

And now, my favorite one: “Guys,    I would like the trial versions of the following softwares:    1. Visual Studio 2008  2. SQL Server 2008  3. Expression Studio v2.0  4. SharePoint Server 2007    I would appreciate if i can get it before tech-ed closes.  Thanks and please contact me if you could assist.”. I sent you an email with links to all requested trials. Keep doing! :)

I saw about 100 visitors of my blog. They recognized me. Also when I gave my business card (with blog address), almost everyone told: “Oh, I know this blog – very good one”. Charming, that in spite of bandwidth issues, there are my blog readers in SA. If you were in my session and want to tell anything publicly, just leave a comment here.

Tomorrow noon, I’ll leave SA back home and ‘ll start to prepare to Expert Days (do you remember? It’s next week). Unfortunately, I almost had no time to see Africa, but, maybe, next time. Thank you, all again.

Hello, goodbye!

No comments: